Oh, my…this Blueberry tart recipe is to die for!
Happy Monday Friends! I am somewhere in the mountains, enjoying the sun and the woods and nature with my family. Yup. RV camping is lots of fun, and I bet I won’t want to come home. Sigh.
Last week my parents came to visit us, and they will be in town for three weeks so my time in the kitchen will be limited. I mean, very limited. My mom is an amazing cook, and she always takes over when she is here. I love that!
So when they arrived, I made them yummy food and delicious dessert, of course. I had some blueberries home, and I wanted to whip up an easy dessert that’s not too heavy and sweet.
I decided to go with Blueberry tart.
It turned out to be one of my favorite versions of the fruity tarts. I have tried apple, strawberry, and blueberry. All are fantastic, but the blueberries were my family’s favorite.
I used fresh blueberries, but you can use frozen ones, too. I have been using the same crust for the longest time, and I just love it. In addition, to make it healthier it’s made with whole-wheat flour. For this version, I created three smaller size round packets. They were incredibly cute!!
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Whisk together 2½ cups of flour, salt, and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Add the cubed butter and use your clean, dry hands to toss to coat with the flour. Work the butter into the flour with your hand. Make a well in the center and add the sour cream to it. Work the buttered flour and the sour cream into each other until the dough begins to clump. Separate the dough mixture into 3 equal size portions. Sprinkle with flour and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour before rolling out.( I did not have time last time to wait but the crust was just as amazing)
- Combine sugar and blueberries in a bowl.
- Remove one crust disk from the refrigerator. Let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Roll a round shape.
- Place the rolled dough on a parchment paper on a baking sheet and add blueberries in the middle. Fold the edges and press it down with your fingers.
- Mix the egg yolk and brush the pie with it.
- Bake it until pie crust is nice, golden brown.
Just add a glass of milk and I bet you won’t leave the table before your dessert is gone. So good!
I hope I inspired you to try this fresh fruit goodness!
Here are the other ones I mentioned earlier.
Enjoy your week!