If you love a simple but delicious dessert, this Blueberry Buckle recipe is for you!
And here comes a not planned recipe sharing. My little man stayed home today due to some weird bug he is having. It’s not the flu, but he feels pretty down, his energy and mood is not his usual. Poor baby.
So we both stayed home today. We took a trip to Michaels as I had to run to pick up something and while I was in line waiting for the cashier to take care of my purchases, I peeked into a few magazines. Typical, right? Do you do that? Then I spotted this fabulous Blueberry Buckle recipe in one of those magazines, and my mouth started watering. As soon as we got home, I dropped everything on the hallway floor, and I whipped up the batter for this delicious one layer cake in 5 minutes. Luckily, I had everything handy, so I did not need to take an extra stop at the grocery store.
I put a movie on for my little man, and I turned on the oven for 30 minutes to bake this fabulous Blueberry Buckle.
Are you ready to make some Blueberry Buckle today?
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup 2%milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended.
- Add to flour mixture. Stir together and transfer to a 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl and add melted butter. Mix together until mix is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
The Streusel topping makes this cake crunchy while the inside is fluffy and filled with fresh fruit. Fantastic dessert with a cup of coffee.
Will you make your Blueberry Buckle today?
Some other favorites from the blog: