Today,we stayed home with the boys because of the snow storm that we were expecting here on the East Coast. It actually wasn’t that bad as it was anticipated.
When it’s snows, my boys only want to be outside and play. Yeah, I guess it’s OK, right..? We don’t get much snow here in VA, but when we get it we try to enjoy it as much as possible. After spending some time outside we did not need anything else but a satisfying warm soup.
I used to make this amazing Homemade Cream Of Tomato soup all the time for my babies.
They loved it when they were in the baby food stage. Excellent source of vitamin and the consistency is perfect for babies.So if you have little ones in your household, give this soup a try!!
Only needed a few main ingredients, that I always have in my refrigerator: potato, carrot, tomato, onions and garlic.
- 1½ table spoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- one 14.5 ounce can shopped tomatoes
- 1 pound plum tomatoes
- ¼ tsp superfine sugar
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. half and half
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped basil or dry basil
- Warm the olive oil in large pan, add onion and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add the carrots and potato and saute for about 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the cream and basil.
- Bring to boil and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Blend in food processor until smooth.
- Add the cream and basil and reheat, but do not bring to boil.
I have not made this soup for awhile now and surprisingly my 4 year old extremely picky eater humbled it down.
Whew…how good this mamma feels now…homemade, healthy and my picky eater ate it all…:-)
I hope you will love this soup as much as we do!
Tomorrow is Valentine’s day..♥ If you need some inspiration check out my Valeninte gallery
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY TO ALL!