This Zuppa Toscana Soup is one if my favorite soups to cook!
Happy 2016! I hope you all had a wonderful start! It was tough for me to get back to my normal schedule and wake up with the alarm this morning. Phew. I, however, am recharged for a fresh new year and I will be sharing lots of healthy recipes as well as creative projects. I am going to start my blogging journey this year with a healthy, hearty soup which is one of my favorite soups. I just love a good bowl of warm soup when it’s cold outside. The weather has been so warm in December, it almost felt like spring some days but now the warm soup days arrive.
This soup is well known from Olive Garden’s menu. After I tried this soup at the restaurant few years ago I started making it at home. I use mild Italian sausage but you can sure use spicy sausage if you wish. I also like to add lots of kale into the soup but I don’t like the kale to be overcooked. Funny that my kids will never eat kale for me in any other form but cooked with sausage they would totally eat it.
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE THE BEST ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP?
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4-5 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- ½ bunch kale
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
- Brown sausage in your soup pot.
- Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in the pot. Stir together.
- Add 2 tbsp flour then add chicken broth and water to pot and stir.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- Add kale and cream.
- Heat through and serve.
You might also like this yummy creamy tomato soup.
Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely day!