There is something about chickpeas. I love them as a dip, in salads, cooked into meals…really in every way. Chickpeas are healthy and really good source of protein.
I hope your weekend was great, filled with much fun. If you had to much calories with Easter goodies, now is time to have a nice salad for lunch or dinner. A nice salad, like this Chicken Chickpea Salad can be done in 15 minutes and it will make satisfying, healthy lunch or dinner. I always keep romaine lettuce in my refrigerator , that way we eat it every day:-)
I also always have chicken breast at home. I buy them on big batches and freeze them in smaller portions in small sandwich bags.
- 2 halves chicken breast
- chicken seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans -drained
- 1/2 red onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves – crashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To prepare dressing:
- Add olive oil, vinaigrette,seasoning, garlic and lemon in a bowl and stir together.
- Heat olive oil and add seasoned chicken to pan, grill it for 3-5 minutes on each side r until golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, place salad, tomatoes, onions, celery, beans and feta in big bowl.
- Serve salad with dressing topped with grilled chicken stripes.
Colorful salad that is high in fiber and is so great for you! We love feta so much that I literally use it in every salad I create.
If you lhealthy salads you may also like this
or this easy
Thank you for reading today! Hope you all have a fantastic week!