CHICKEN CHICKPEA SALAD
There is something about chickpeas. I love them as a dip, in salads, cooked into meals…really in every way. Chickpeas are healthy and really good source of protein.
I hope your weekend was great, filled with much fun. If you had to much calories with Easter goodies, now is time to have a nice salad for lunch or dinner. A nice salad, like this Chicken Chickpea Salad can be done in 15 minutes and it will make satisfying, healthy lunch or dinner. I always keep romaine lettuce in my refrigerator , that way we eat it every day:-)
I also always have chicken breast at home. I buy them on big batches and freeze them in smaller portions in small sandwich bags.
- 2 halves chicken breast
- chicken seasoning
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans -drained
- 1/2 red onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves – crashed
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- To prepare dressing:
- Add olive oil, vinaigrette,seasoning, garlic and lemon in a bowl and stir together.
- Heat olive oil and add seasoned chicken to pan, grill it for 3-5 minutes on each side r until golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, place salad, tomatoes, onions, celery, beans and feta in big bowl.
- Serve salad with dressing topped with grilled chicken stripes.
Colorful salad that is high in fiber and is so great for you! We love feta so much that I literally use it in every salad I create.
If you lhealthy salads you may also like this
STRAWBERRY POPPYSEED CHICKEN SALAD
or this easy
Thank you for reading today! Hope you all have a fantastic week!
This looks like it’s from a restaurant! Definitely adding it to my lunch rotation!
This salad looks amazing and your photography makes it look even more amazing! Pinning to try soon. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Aniko! xo
That looks so yummy and it’s something my daughter could eat too.