Chocolate Pate is addictive. There is something about it…The consistency, the flavor- I am not sure what it is…
Chocolate Almond Pate dessert is on the menu today. We were on vacation last month, and we went to this unique, authentic Italian restaurant where I had the best Chocolate Pate as a dessert. The meal we had also was phenomenal so I was pretty positive that the dessert won’t disappoint either. Oh, boy. I could not think of anything all the way home but this yummy dessert, so I searched for the recipe as soon as I got home and made it for my family.
You can leave out the almond if you wish, but I think that gives a nice, crunchy twist to it.
This dessert is probably the easiest one that I have ever done. Only need a few ingredients, 10 minutes to put it together and a couple of hours to freeze it.
- 250 g dark sweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh raspberries (for garnish)
- almond (optional )
- powdered sugar ( for garnish)
- Raspberry Sauce:
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs corn starch
- Microwave the chocolate (in chunks or pieces). Once the chocolate is melted, add butter, and sugar in a large bowl stirring occasionally.
- Once smooth, cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- With a spatula, fold the cream into the dark chocolate.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, so sides and bottom are covered…or line several mini-loaf pans.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, carefully remove the pate from the loaf pan and place on work surface. Then slice the pate (at least 1/2-inch pieces) with a hot thin-bladed knife and place on a dessert plate. Serve with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries, garnish with powdered sugar.
- Raspberry Sauce:
- Bring raspberries, sugar in a bowl and bring it to boil. To thicken the sauce add 1 tbs corn starch.
An amazing sweet bite for finishing any dinner.
Also great and lovely looking sweet to serve for any parties or get-togethers.
You can keep the Pate in the freezer and only take out 5 minutes before serving, or you can just leave it your refrigerator since it won’t last long:-)
If you liked this wonderful dessert, you may also like
Have a sweet day!