Time for an easy DIY today. When I was wandering around in Target the other day I spied some pretty cool, bright, colorful placemats. My creative mind started spinning and I saw these beautiful pillows made out of them in my head. Yep, these pillows were made out of placemats. Today I will show you how you can whip up these easy, DIY placemat pillows in no time. I literally fixed them in 10 minutes the other night while I was chatting with hub out on the patio while sipping on a glass of wine. The best thing about these placemats is that they were double sided so I just opened them up on one side and filled them up with fiberfill.
– double sided PLACEMATS ( affiliate link)
– sew needle and thread
1. Open up the placemat on a small area so you can fill it in with your fiberfill
2. Fill it up with fiberfill.
3. Sewed together the open area with your needle.
* The strawberry color placemats were not two-sided. I sewed two placemats together on all sides.
I love how this easy project turned out. I am smitten with the texture of the yellow pillow and I adore the pattern of the blue pillowcase.
My pillow collection is getting a little big now…No, this is not all of it. I probably could not fit all of them in a picture:-) I love to have a good variety of colors and textures so I change them around for every season.
What do you think? Will you visit Target today?
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day!