Anytime we go out to dine my dessert choice is always end up being Tiramisu. I am a huge fan of this Italian dessert. Luckily, almost every restaurant carries Tiramisu on their menu – ha. But we don’t get to dine out so often as it is still rather a hassle then a joy, with my age kids. I had to find the perfect recipe so I can enjoy the goodness anytime at home as well.
This recipe is so creamy and of course no baking required. Super easy and you can literally put it together in 5 minutes. The hardest part is to let it sit for so long-LOL.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2-3 Tbs sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs amaretto
- 1 cup strong cold coffee
- about 7 oz ladyfingers
- cocoa, for dusting
- In a big bowl,whip cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Add Mascarpone cheese and amaretto.
- Pour coffee into a shallow dish.
- Dip enough ladyfingers in coffee to cover the square dish.
- Add a part of the cream mixture and level out. Repeat layers 1 or 2 times, ending with the cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Dust with cocoa before serving.
If you would like to add little bit of alcohol, substitute the amaretto with rum. I love using the Mascarpone cheese, however it’s hard to find sometimes. I had to visit a few grocery stores in my area before I finally found a store that had this type of cheese. If you have hard time to find it, use cream cheese instead.
Perfect and delicious dessert when friends are over at my house and I don’t feel like baking.
What would be more heavenly then a cup of
Thanks for stopping by today!