Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It is Monday again, yep… and it is always a big question in my head of what to pack for snack for my kiddos that they will enjoy and it’s healthy at the same time as well. Our mornings are pretty hectic and I usually have to keep reminding my kids to eat their cereal fast, get dressed and brush teeth before the bus comes to pick up my oldest. Preparing snacks the day before helps me with my morning craziness. Homemade snack bars are very loved at our house and the good thing about them is that I make a big batch and it will be a great snack for days. The most recent recipe I’ve tried was this amazing Oatmeal Raisin Snack bar.
My boys love munching on raisins. Any day, anywhere… it is a perfect snack. When I found this recipe on the web HERE, I decided to give it a try as I knew the boys will love these snack bars with a load of raisins.
I used the the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®. for this recipe. It is made from real, simple ingredients – 100% taste, 0% artificial preservatives – and is still unbelievably delicious! I always keep a container in my fridge.
To be quite honest, I don’t only love baking with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®
but we love this spread on a piece of fresh bread or muffin as well. As always, the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is deliciously spreadable straight out of the refrigerator, so there’s no need to wait for it to soften!
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread has 40% fewer calories and 70% less saturated fat than butter. It can be part of an overall healthy, balanced diet and provide a source of good fats, similar to the good fats found in avocados, walnuts and almonds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats [or quick-cooking oats]
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread with sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture on slow speed just until blended. Stir in raisins. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 32 bars.
This recipe will definitely be a keeper for us. Easy, quick, delicious snack for all ages. Perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® can be used for spreading on multigrain toast, topping corn on the cob, sautéing vegetables or baking lemon pound cake. For more great-tasting recipes, visitwww.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com/recipes.
One thing I’ve learned: cute serving makes my kiddos happy:-)
The new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® is available in grocery stores nationwide beginning October 2014 for a suggested retail price of $3.09.
Visit their site for more info and you can also leave a comment and let the company know how much you enjoy their product HERE.
Thanks for visiting today! Come back tomorrow, I will be here with a new Christmas decor!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.