ZUCCHINI MUFFINS RECIPE
This is the most delicious Zucchini Muffins recipe!!
If I tell you that one of my sons only eats vegetables in a muffin form, will you believe it? Well, let me take that back because now that I think about it- he does eat cooked carrots in soups. But he does not eat any raw veggies no matter how hard I try. And trust me, I work on it every day.
My other son, on the other hand, eats anything and everything that’s green or available in the veggie department. You would wonder how is that even possible; I teach both of them the same way, they both witness their parents eating vegetables and healthy food on a daily basis, Ha. Anyway. I found a way to make him eat vegetables. In a muffin form. Good enough!
This fantastic Zucchini Muffin is irresistible, and it’s full of zucchini.
It is a bit sweet ( although I cut the sugar portion to half of what it was in the original recipe), fluffy and crunchy on the outside. The other day this was our dinner:-) With a glass of cold milk.
Do you have those days when you take it easy and you serve muffins for dinner??:-) Tell me I am not alone haha!
Grab the best Zucchini Muffins recipe!
- 2/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 1 cup sugar ( or less if you don’t like it too sweet)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Read more: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_muffins/#ixzz4bDL1mWiY
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the grated zucchini and then the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture.
- Prepare your muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. Use a spoon to distribute the muffin dough equally among the cups, filling the cups up completely.
- Bake on the middle rack until muffins are golden brown, and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from the tin let cool another 20 minutes.
My kids, both of them, were munching on these yummy muffins. I think this is my new way to make the not so veggie lover boy to eat some good stuff. I think you can substitute the zucchini with any other veggies if you like, such as grated carrots, even cooked and smashed broccoli.:-)
Will you give it a try? How do you make your picky eater to eat vegetables? Share some tips with me!
Some other favorite muffins and bread we love in the house!
Want to make these amazing Zucchini Muffins but just do not have the time today!? Pin it for later!
Thanks for visiting today!