Roasted Beets & Pear Salad for an easy appetizer!
Beets are one of my favorite vegetables from my childhood. I remember eating an extreme amount of beets while being with my grandparents house. And my love for beets never got any lower. However, I don’t cook much with beets lately. The reason being maybe that my husband is not a huge fan. Although that should not stop me cooking this delicious and nutritious vegetable. If you are a beets lover, you may know how much pure goodness this veggie has alone. Not only nutritious but beets are an excellent sugar source as well as a body cleanser as well. Beets are also working like chocolate for your brain. Eat lots of beets if you would love to decrease your stress level and help your happy mind.
Sometimes I don’t look much further than my refrigerator when I am clueless of what to cook, and I come up with a recipe using what I have in the refrigerator. This is exactly how this salad got on our table. I decided to buy beets every time I go grocery shopping so I had beets and I had pears. And I had mozzarella cheese.
- 3 large beets
- 3 pears
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ pound fresh mozarella, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- aluminium foil to wrap beets
- Preheat oven for 400 F.
- Wrap beets in aluminium foil.
- Chop pears and place beets and chopped pears on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over pears.
- Bake beets and pears together. The pears will be done sooner so when pears turn to nice golden brown, take them out and set a side.
- Once the beets are nice and tender. Unwrap, peel and slice beets. Mix together with the roasted pears and add fresh mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.
What a fantastic appetizer, guys! Give is a try! Roasting beets will bring out the sweetness ans the consistancy will super soft and tender.
Have a fantastic week!