THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE RECIPE
Are you guys ready with Christmas shopping and decorating? I am all done, and now it’s time to sit on the couch and enjoy some fantastic hot chocolate. It’s crazy how fast this year flew by. But I know, we say that each year, right? One of my favorite hot drink this time of the year is HOT CHOCOLATE, and I am bringing the best hot chocolate recipe for you all today. Who is with me? Hot chocolate and I are relly good friends. My kids love it so much especially if I serve them with these cute marshmallow balls. Who would resist this yummy drink, right?
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 split vanilla bean
- 10 ounces semisweet (or milk) chocolate chips
- Marshmallows for serving (optional)
- Place milk in a saucepan and heat to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; strain, and return to pot.
- Reheat milk.
- Stir in chocolate until melted, and milk is frothy. Serve immediately and garnish with marshmallows.
You can make a big batch of it and store it in a Thermos, or you can just make as much as you use immediately.
This time of the year is all about family. This yummy hot chocolate will be a great addition to our game nights or movie nights with some delicious cookies in my beautifully dressed Christmas-Y home.
Here is my other favorite hot chocolate with peppermint added.
And how about these adorable cookies? Yum!
Thanks for popping in today!