Chicken Piccata is an easy and delicious dinner for the whole family.
Summer has just been crazy busy around here. I can’t even believe that it’s almost August. Where did time go? Ghaw.
This weekend was the first weekend when we took a little mini (one day) vacation to the beach. Needless to say, it was a lot of fun and a very much needed day with the family. Some nights call for easy takeout dinners but I prefer my homemade dinner most days, and when I have energy left I whip up something easy.
Chicken is the go-to meat in our house, we prefer chicken over any other meat, so I really have to be creative with mixing up favorite recipes, so that we don’t always eat the same thing. 🙂
Chicken Piccata is a phenomenal dish and so easy to make. The chicken is super soft and yummy being covered with flour and baked in coconut oil plus the capers give this dish a unique taste.
Here is how you make this delicious CHICKEN PICCATA.
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or as needed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- Season the chicken breast pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Shake off excess flour. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet; pan-fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Place the chicken pieces onto a plate and cover with foil so it stays warm. When finished with all the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving a thin coating on the surface of the pan.
- Cook and stir the minced garlic in the skillet until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the lemon juice and capers; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Drop the butter into the skillet and swirl it into the sauce by tilting the skillet until the butter is melted and incorporated. Add the parsley; remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange the chicken medallions on serving plates and spoon sauce over each portion to serve.
The chicken is very tender and tasty by the added lemon and capers. This recipe is on my favorites list for sure. 🙂