Last week we got snowed here in VA and this weekend the weather finally got a little better that we got our first ice cream treats from the ice cream truck on Saturday. I am so ready for nice warm days. As grilling weather is still couple weeks away, I have a fantastic and easy Mushroom chicken skillet recipe for ya today. Can be finished in just 30 short minutes. Chicken and mushroom can only be Oh-so-good together. My hubby, unfortunately not a huge mushroom fan but it won’t stop me cooking with mushroom as the boys and I are loving it.
My boys love mushroom steamed with onions, baked, fried and they also loved this chicken skillet so much when I made it the other night. So easy to put together and the juicy, creamy sauce will please every mushroom and chicken lover.
- 8 chicken thighs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces portabello mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large skillet (oven-proof) heat 2 tablespoons butter. Add chicken and bake both sides for 4 minutes, until golden brown. ( Leave skin on if preferred)
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken broth and spices. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place skillet into oven and roast until completely cooked through, for about 25 minutes.
- Set aside chicken; reserving juices in the pan.
- Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan and mustard. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately, topped with mushroom mixture.
I hope you will love this recipe as much as we do. It is definitely a keeper for us:-)
You may like my other favorite dinner recipe as well:
Thank you for reading today, it is always a pleasure to have you around!