CHOCOLATE CREPES WITH BERRY COMPOTE
Happy Monday Friends! I hope you all had a great and relaxing weekend.
Today, I am bringing you the Best Chocolate Crepes Recipe with homemade berry compote.
What a game yesterday! We watched the SuperBowl as a family, and it was super fun.
My son is old enough now to enjoy the show and stay up just a little later than his regular bedtime.
Valentine’s day is fast approaching, and after being married for SO long, we don’t buy gifts anymore,
but I rather make a yummy breakfast for my love.
Are you drooling over these pictures as much as I do? I feel the goodness in my mouth as I write this post.
Crepes are one of my favorite desserts.
Especially Chocolate crepes!
A few years ago we traveled to Key West, and I will never forget that little family owned French restaurant where I had the best crepes EVAH! It was a tiny little restaurant with a huge selection of sweet and savory crepes. We are big crepes lovers in my house. I think if it was up to my boys they could grow up on crepes. :-))
They LOVE them. We usually eat them with jams, Nutella or with homemade fruit compotes.
You can put these ingredients together in 5 minutes and cook your crepes in 15 minutes.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. oil
- powdered sugar for dusting
- BERRY COMPOTE
- 1 cup fresh strawberry
- 1 cup fresh blueberry
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1/4 cup sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sift the flour, unsweetened cocoa and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg, sugar and half of the milk together in a separate bowl then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the liquid. Gradually beat in the remaining milk.
- Heat a 7- inch skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil.
- When the oil is warm, pour in enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan.Cook for 30 seconds and flip it over with a spatula. Cook the other side until golden brown.
- Transfer the crepes to a warmed plate and keep them warm.
- To make the compote:
- Put the berries and the sugar in a pan and add lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve crepes with berry compote and dust with powdered sugar.
These crepes were made with special dark unsweetened cocoa and turned out dark brown.
If you use regular cocoa, not special dark, yours should be a little lighter in color.
These crepes not only would make great desserts but they would make a delicious Sunday breakfast as well.
Last year I shared the Best Crepes Recipe, and it was one of my most favorite post in 2013.
That recipe is a little different, but both recipes are great.
I am so glad you stopped by today! Have a great week!
Thank you my dear Desi:-)♥
These look amazing! Thank you so much for linking up! I am pinning!!
Thank you so much, Amy! I appreciate the Pin..:-)Xo~
Wow – that looks absolutely amazing (and your photography is phenomenal!)!
I love this recipe – the crepes and the compote! Thanks so much for sharing, my friend! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day 🙂