It’s Monday again.
I can not believe how fast this past 2 days went. The weather was just gorgeous and we literally spent 2 full days outside. We were able to do some gardening, some garage cleaning and some projecting. The boys enjoyed helping us with flower planting and mulching. What a great weekend!
I hope you all had a great weekend too!
Monday mornings are always rushed through, but on the weekends I love to make breakfast other than cereal.
Today, I am sharing one of our favorite muffin recipe. I have been using this recipe for many years now. My very first cranberry orange muffin was bought at Panera and I really really loved it. I found this absolutely great recipe online and I am making it ever since I found it! We are always keep oranges and dry cranberries at home so ingredients for this great muffin most of the time are available.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the cranberries and orange juice in a small saucepan, and bring just to a simmer over medium heat. Remove berries from the heat, and set aside to cool and plump. Drain off any excess liquid and set aside.
- Lightly brush a 12-muffin tin with butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter, orange zest, and ⅔ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined. Fold in the cranberries. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a rack.
- Serve warm.
The cranberries and oranges gives a great flavor to this muffin. You are going to love it!
This muffin would make a perfect afternoon snack with a glass of milk as well.
What is your favorite muffin recipe?
You may also like this Pear and Granola Muffins Recipe:
Or if you need some eye candy, check out these beautiful tulips:
Have a great week!