This Strawberry cake recipe involves lots of fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and your hungry tummy:-)
Strawberries are in full season now. Yay! We love to go and pick our fresh strawberries each season, but this May we got so much rainfall here in VA, that we couldn’t make it to the strawberry field. Yuck! Last year we built a veggie garden ( on the list to share the HOW TO) in the backyard, and we planted some strawberries but the squirrels are eating all of them, and there is nothing for us to pick. Oh well. I just got fresh strawberries from a local farmer, and they were yummy!
We celebrate my hub’s birthday in April, and I always make a homemade cake for everyone in the family. This time, I picked a delicious strawberry cake recipe to try. It turned out fantastic! The boys loved it, and they pretty much ate the whole thing.:-) The cake recipe was easy enough to put together, and I loved the strawberry cream filling that was made with lots of whipped cream and very little sugar. We prefer having desserts that are not super sweet. If you like your dessert the way, this cake is the way to add some yummy summer treat on the table.
Get STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPE below
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 lbs strawberries, sliced, stems removed
- Sliced strawberries for decorating (optional)
- For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 3 9-inch round cake pans then line bottom with a round of parchment.
- Sift cake flour into a medium mixing bowl. Add baking powder and salt and whisk 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip together sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in eggs and egg yolks one a time then add vanilla. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture at a time (to the butter/egg mixture) alternating with 1/2 of the milk and mixing on low speed just until combined after each addition.
- Divide batter among prepared baking pans. Bake in preheated oven 25 – 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan about 5 minutes, run a knife around edges of cake to ensure they are loosened then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled frost with Strawberry Cream Cheese Whipped Cream. Store cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For the topping:
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form with an electric mixer. Add 1/3 cup sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Scrape cream out into a separate bowl.
- Add cream cheese to the bowl of stand mixer, fit with the paddle attachment and whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy, mix in remaining 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla. Add sliced strawberries and mix. Remove bowl from stand mixer, add whipped cream and fold into mixture. Frost over cooled cake.
Hope you enjoy this delicious cake!
You might also like this