Oh…my weekend was too short, do you feel the same way?
I always feel there is not enough time to get everything done that is on my list..oh well.
I am sharing the best pound cake recipe with you today!
Pound cake is great but Pound cake with summer fruits is even greater!
I shared this recipe back in December (BANANA NUT POUND CAKE) last year when I tried using Bananas.
Now, in the berry season I thought I would try to substitute the bananas with berries.
I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
This recipe came out very good and moist and it was excellent with a big cup of Iced coffee and my boys loved it with a big cup of cold milk:-)
It would make you an excellent breakfast or perfect and divine dessert for get together parties!
VERY BERRY POUND CAKE
3 ½ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups mixed berries
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven for 325 F. Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted pan, set aside.
2. Combine flour , baking powder and ½ tsp salt. Set aside.
3. In large bowl beat cream cheese, butter with an electric mixer until combined.
4. Gradually add sugar, beating about 7 minutes until light. Add eggs, one at the time.
5. In a bowl combine mixed berries, milk and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and berry mixture until its combined. Spread evenly in pan
6. Bake for about 80 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted near the center comes out clean
7. Cool cake in pan or wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Recipe adapted from: BHG magazin
Enjoy this excellent pound cake!