I must say there is something oh so satisfying about a veggie stuffed with all this goodness…
These Stuffed Zucchini Boats are amazing!!
Hey there! Today is a great day to share this fantastic, easy recipe with you guys! I love to cook and what I love even more is to have dinner on the table within 30-40 minutes. Are you with me? Well, I am sure you are on that!
This recipe came together almost on accident one day with things I just happened to have on hand that I wanted to use up… and it was so tasty I had to share it! Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies as you can eat it in so many different ways.
Have you tried Zucchini Muffins before? Oh my! My kids love it, and they have NO IDEA they are eating veggie- LOL. Totally a winner in my household! And how about fried zucchini? That’s another favorite of mine!
Alright! Let’s make these delicious Stuffed Zucchini Boats!
You only need a few ingredients…
You might just have them in your fridge already!Don’t ever be afraid to swap out a few ingredients in your cooking. If you prefer ground beef or pork- switch it! We are turkey and chicken lovers over here, and I mostly use those for my cooking. You won’t need the Olive oil and butter if you use a 75/25 ground beef or pork. Ground turkey is just so low in fat it sticks to the pan if you don’t have anything in there.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 medium fresh whole zucchinis
- 1 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 c. diced fresh tomato
- 1 c. diced red onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz. fine shredded italian cheese blend
- ¼ c. petite diced fresh tomato
- ¼ c. fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Over med/high heat add olive oil, butter and brown turkey burger.
- Let cook/brown for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomato, onion, garlic, thyme, coriander, basil, salt and pepper to meat.
- Reduce to med heat and let simmer for 10 minutes uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise to create 2 long halves- repeat with the 2nd zucchini.
- Remove the seeds with a spoon and discard -making 4 hollow "boats".
- Place zucchini in a baking tray.
- Spoon about 1-2 tsp. bread crumbs into each boat- distributing evenly.
- Spoon cooked turkey mixture into each boat.
- Top each boat with 1 oz. fine shredded italian cheese blend.
- Put in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over boats.
- Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Top with petite diced tomato and fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Try these awesome bamboo cutting boards I found on the cheap cheap for all my chop chopping! It’s a great value and I love having a variety of sizes.
Products from Amazon.com
And, Voila! Look at this lovely deliciousness!
You could definitely add a soup to this like my Panera copycat Butternut Squash Soup to add more color and make this a really filling combo.
So try it out, use what you have- stuff a zucchini, a squash, a pepper or potato and spice it up! You are bound to impress yourself and whoever else you feed.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Thanks for visiting Place of My Taste – come back soon for more inspiration!