There is nothing better than starting Sunday off with these fresh, warm CHERRY MUFFINS. That is how we began our day yesterday. Have you tried cherry muffins yet? I wanted to make blueberry muffins initially, but I realized that those blueberries that I had been probably in the refrigerator for too long and they were not fresh anymore. I decided to replace those blueberries for cherries. What an awesome choice it was! Cherries are so good to use for baking! I remember growing up and picking cherries at grandma’s house each summer. I just wish I could take myself back in time for a few days. Awh…Good memories.
This muffin recipe is super easy, and you can put it together in less than 10 minutes. Sundays are typically big breakfast days at my house. We either make WAFFLES, CREPES, MUFFINS or eggs. During the week, we only have time to grab a bowl of cereal as we are always in a rush to get out of the house.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick), melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh cherries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients—the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, place melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar/egg mixture a third at a time and mix until just incorporated.
- Gently fold the cherries into the mixture.
- Use a standard 12-well muffin pan. Place a muffin liner in each well of the muffin pan, or if you don't have muffin liners, grease the inside of the muffin pan wells with vegetable oil or butter. Distribute the dough equally among the cups. You'll need to fill them very high to use all of the batters in 12 muffins, which is fine.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake at 400°F until the muffins are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
These fluffy muffins are the perfect start for the day with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
Let me know how you like these awesome muffins! They got on my family favorites list.
Here are some of my muffin recipe to try!
Have a fabulous week! Be sure to visit back tomorrow and see what we’ve created for our WEST ELM KNOCK OFF series.