Time to share this fun and chic DIY floating SHELF!
Yesterday I shared how I made some cute DIY succulent planters and today I am going to show you how to make this quick floating shelf display plants, succulents or other home decor items. I love to browse my favorite stores online for inspiration. While I was doing that couple weeks ago, I found this cool floating shelf over at Urban Outfitters ( **update: I discovered that the original product is made by Jenny over at Recycled Lovers ). The moment I saw this shelf, I knew that I need this piece in my life. As a DIYer, I always think of how I can DIY things first, of course, to stay on budget. It’s no secret that I love to switch up decor often around here. Paying full price for things would not let me do that, which is why I choose to DIY :-). I love modern, minimalist lines with a little bohemian twist. I feel like my design style is always evolving, especially since I write a blog, and I read other blogs. I must say that I get better with age haha 🙂 This modern shelf was easy enough to make, and it totally fits the style that I have created in my dining room.
If you missed yesterday how I made some cute faux succulent planters, you could check the out below
– round wooden plate from Home Depot
1. Cut about 50, 3.5 yards pieces of yarn ( it’s going to be quick, I promise) – *update – the post was miswritten, 1.5 yards were listed in the tutorial before but you need about 3.5 yards
2. Tie a knot in them middle. It’s going to be the centerpiece of the hanger.
3. Divide your yarn into four equal sections.
4. Then divide each part into two sections and twist it together. You can also separate your sections to three and braid the pieces together.
5. Hang your piece somewhere high. Tie a knot around 4 inches below the top.
6. As a last step tie a knot at the bottom.
Slip on your wooden plate.
I loved the natural wood look, so I did not stain my wooden plate, but you can totally stain it.
I arranged my cute succulent planters on my floating shelf, and it looks chic and fresh in my dining room. What do you think?
How do you like this floating shelf?
Check out some other great projects in my dining room before you leave
DIY RECLAIMED WOOD BUFFET
DIY DEEP PICTURE LEDGE
Thanks for reading today! Have a fantastic weekend!
SIGN UP to GET EMAIL UPDATES!
Are you struggling with decorating? Sign up for my newsletters and I will give you 5 quick tips on how to style your home like a PRO.