It is Monday again. I feel like our weekends fly by crazy fast almost every week. We do a lot though. With all the projecting and DIY-ing we still keep the boys entertained and we are always on the go to do some fun. We went to see a n awesome Arena Racing this past Saturday which was quite amazing. The boys really enjoyed it and I, as it was my first race to watch, enjoyed it as much as my kids did – ha. So anyways, I did not have much time to spend in the kitchen but only to whip up these super quick
3 INGREDIENT SHORTBREAD COOKIES.
Yep, only 3 ingredients. And those 3 ingredients you most likely have at home in your pantry. Being in Valentine’s day mood already, I used my heart shape cookies cutter for these cookies and I made them prettier with a hint of powdered sugar. I cut out a little paper heart shape and placed it on the cookies while sprinkled them with powdered sugar.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add flour and continue to mix until mixture forms a soft dough (it will be crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will form a dough). Form dough into a cohesive ball with your hands.
- Roll dough 1/4-inch thick on a surface dusted with flour or powdered sugar* with a well-dusted rolling pin. Cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheets. Repeat as necessary.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until cookies are pale golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets.
These cookies were just fantastic with a cup of coffee. Oh joy!
You can make these and give them away as a gift for your Valentines.
You may like these Valentine’s cookies as well:
This is it for today, guys! Come back to see some tutorial tomorrow!