What a perfect appetizer for those breezy summer evening gatherings!
How was Father’s day weekend for everyone? We had a great start and an even better finish for our Father’s day. We spent the whole afternoon at the pool, which is always good, as the kiddos are literally fall in bed right after dinner as they are so exhausted from being in the pool. Not to be very selfish sounding but I love early bedtime as those nights are end up being spent out on the deck with a glass of drink. Ghaw…sounds like nights that you wish for, too, right?
Last night I made these super delish Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps that I thought will share with you all today as they were SOOOOO tasty.
I love Asian inspired food. Those fun, flavorful sauces that they use are incredible!
I had Asian chicken lettuce wraps in a few restaurants before and I always wanted to make them at home. Summer is just perfect for serving these wraps. I threw a party last week and that’s when I made these wraps first and let me tell you, it was crowed pleaser.
Super easy to make, you can literally put it together and serve it in less then 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 halves chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts (about 4 oz.)
- 2 carrots, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Boston or butter lettuce leaves
- Your favorite dipping sauce
- (I use peanut saauce)
- Add sauces in a shallow bowl and marinade chicken.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute longer. Add chicken to skillet and cook through or until its golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Slice chicken and set aside.
- Wash and prepare lettuce leaves and add shredded carrots, bean sprouts to lettuce, then add chicken and spoon over your favorite sauce ( I love peanut sauce - store bought) if desired.
These easy wraps are perfect for summer gatherings outside. You just grab it and eat i!
I love a great, easy and healthy appetizer!
Give these easy wraps a try! It won’t disappoint!
Have a fantastic week!
Cheers for summer!