These Classic Sugar Cookies are perfect for decorating for the holidays or eating plain!
Hey Guys! It’s Rebecca from Living Better Together again! Sorry I missed you guys last month, I was hiking my way across Scotland and Ireland and devouring everything in sight in Portland, OR! But it’s back to the real world, at least for a couple of months, and I’m excited to be sharing a simple, yet super tasty cookie recipe.
Classic sugar cookies are some of my favorites, other than no bakes, they’re what we made the most when I was growing up! They we perfect for decorating during the holidays or scarfing down as soon as they were out of the oven! The only bad part about them is that you have to wait an hour or so for the dough to chill for easy cookie cutting… lame, I know! But these are so worth the wait! Made with minimal ingredients that you probably already have in your house they’re just the thing to curb that sweet craving!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, lightly mixing between each addition until flour in completely incorporated.
- Roll into a ball, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out evenly with a lightly floured roller onto a lightly floured flat surface until it’s a 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out cookies.