I am starting the new year with this fabulous banana bundt cake recipe.
Not so much for those of you who started the year with a healthy diet. This recipe still has some sugar so beware. Looking at this image, and I am thinking…wow, that cake is pretty! Isn’t it pretty?
Ok.ok…This bundt cake didn’t just turn out to be real pretty, but it was DELICIOUS! Oh, my!! Mouth watering delicious.
It was a cold Sunday, and it was a snow day.
Cold outside. Like 10-15F.
After sledding for about two hours in the cold with the boys, we went home, turned the fireplace on, and I made a cup of hot chocolate. Then I started craving for something sweet. All I had at home was bananas ( because I always have bananas) so what one makes with bananas?
Yeah….banana bundt cake:-)
I whipped up this easy recipe, baked it for about 35-40 minutes and just because I have to capture anything and everything that is pretty, I took some photos of this cake. And I am sharing it with you today.
Oh by the way if you following me for a while you know that I wrote an eBook on photography back in February of 2016. I am expanding that eBook with dark food photography and some additional fantastic info for you guys soon so be sure to stay tuned if you would like to up your photography game.
Ok so back on the banana bundt cake recipe, because that is why you are here, right?
I made some icing for the top of the cake with mascarpone cheese, and it was Ah-mazing!
Then I was flaming some bananas and topped the cake with those yummy flaming bananas.
- 2 cups purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 box mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- Flaming bananas:
- 2 bananas, cut into halves
- brown sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- a hint of
- Preheat oven to 370F. Grease bundt pan with butter and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat some more with an electric mixer.
- Stir in bananas then add half of the dry ingredients and add the sour cream. Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir together.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar,cinnamon and milk and drizzle it over your cake.
- Flaming bananas:
- Heat butter in a pan, add brown sugar ( you can add alcohol, rum as well, I didn't). Once the brown sugar is melted add sliced bananas and cook it for a minute or two. Don't overcook it!
And yum! The cake was to die for. We finished it all in one sitting!
Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
Here are some other favorite desserts I have done in the past!
STRAWBERRY PIE ( Fantastic for Valentine’s day!)
Thanks for popping in today!