These Strawberry Champagne Shortbread Cookies are light and flakey and perfect for a quick Valentine’s Day treat!
I’ve got a thing for shortbread cookies. Okay, let’s face it, I’ve got a serious thing for cookies. Okay, okay, I’m in a serious relationship with desserts of all kinds.
But hey, what can I say, I know how to live life and you ALWAYS eat dessert first! 🙂
This is why I share so many of them on my blog, Living Better Together. I am really excited to be back here at Place of my Taste this month just in time for Valentine’s Day, though!
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorites, maybe it’s because deep down I’m a sap, but it’s really probably because by Valentine’s Day it’s okay to start eating sweets again.
Admit it, you stopped going to the gym weeks ago.
So anyways, Strawberry & Champagne, the combo is a CLASSIC, am I right?
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I knew the flavor combo would make for a killer cookie! I first made shortbread cookies at home for the Downton Abbey premiere last month and they were such a hit, I knew I had to make them again! With just a few ingredient, most of which are already in your pantry, you can whip these tasty little sweets up in no time!
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and I’ll see you guys back here next month!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Preserves (remove any large chunks of fruit)
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 tbsp Champagne
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, strawberry preserves, and confectioners sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer.
- Add in flour and salt and continue to mix until a soft dough forms, mix will be dry and crumbly at first but will come together.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out cookies using a 2 in round or scalloped cookie cutter.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20-22 minutes or until edges are a golden brown.
- Stir together confectioners’ sugar and champagne until completely combined, if too dry you can add a little extra champagne.
- Use a spoon to spread icing onto of cooled cookies.
- Icing will thicken the longer it sets and a crust will form.
Check out these amazing
or these stunning
Thanks for visiting today!
Have a sweet weekend!!