BLACK MAGIC CHOCOLATE CAKE
How about some indulgence for Monday morning? I personally LOVE chocolate cake in any form. On a Sunday afternoon, I did not know what I needed. I knew I needed something sweet, but I wasn’t sure what I was craving for. That’s when I set down, search the net and found this amazingBlack Magic Cake recipe that I am sharing with you today.
Chocolate and cherries can only be a fantastic combo together. Agreed? The original recipe did not call for cherries, but I thought it could just be a great addition to this cake. A few years ago I discovered the best morello cherries at Trader Joe’s and I have been using these cherries for baking ever since.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup morello cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pan.
- In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add cherries.Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Sauce:
- Semisweet chocolate chips – 1 bag
- Heavy whipping cream- 1½ cup
- Heat whipping cream to boil.
- Pour over chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips will becompletely melted.
- Serve chocolate cake with chocolate sauce.
The cake is moist and very rich in chocolate. It’s the “melt in your mouth” kind.
This phenomenal cake can make a great birthday cake, an easy dessert for any parties or gatherings and of course it could just be your indulgence for a Sunday afternoon:-) I served my cake with chocolate sauce for even more goodness.
Will you give this awsome dessert a try?
If you like cherries you might like these pretty Cherry Muffins for breakfast or for an easy to go snack.
This cake looks to die for! I love chocolate in any shape or form and to add cherries? Well, lets just say that I see this cake in my very, very near future! Beautiful pictures and thanks for sharing! I can’t wait for me and my family to try this recipe 😀
I bet you will love it;) xxoo