The perfect time of year to break those ladles out again. I absolutely love a slow simmered soup or stew, but this recipe gives the taste of slowly simmered in less than 30 minutes. Quick meals get more smiles in my house!
Want to make this Authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup in an electric pressure cooker? Heck yeah!
I’ve listed ingredients and instructions below to make this delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup. But first, let me introduce you to one of the best cookbooks I have, MASTER THE ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER.
My dear blogger friend, Cami and her sister wrote this excellent book that will help you understand how electric pressure cookers work, and they also share a ton of great recipes in the book as well. So be sure to check it out.
It will make a really great Christmas gift along with a fabulous pressure cooker for mom or grandma or your mother in law!!:-)
I invested in a pressure cooker last year, and now I don’t know how I could live without it for so long. I have one from FAGOR but any brand would do it.
Okay! So the soup!!
Drool-worthy right? So fresh and vibrant! Soup season has officially begun when I make this recipe.
Top off your Chicken Tortilla Soup with all of your favorite things like:
- Fresh lime juice
- Sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes
- Fresh corn kernels
- Tortilla chips
- Hot sauce
- Shredded cheeses
- Green onions
- Smoked chipotle chili powder
- Sea salt
Garnishing Chicken Tortilla Soup
Use as many, or as few of these items to top or garnish the Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s simple to set aside a bit of your regular ingredients as you prepare them and add them to the top of the soup after. Even if you choose not to add ingredients- you can still make it look garnished.
If you are looking to go all out and use this for a great family night, you could set up a little topping buffet and let everyone dress their own bowls. Trust me; this will be a crowd pleaser at any event.
Here is the recipe for Quick Chicken Tortilla soup that tastes slow simmered!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion diced
- ¾ c. cilantro roughly chopped
- 1½ c. frozen corn kernels
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 5 oz. can tomato paste
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder ( I like smoked chipotle chili powder best)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Add whole chicken breasts, diced onion, cans of tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth to the pressure cooker pot.
- Close securely and set to high for 10 minutes. Release pressure for 10 more minutes after before removing the lid.
- Open the pot and shred the chicken, which will be cooked to perfection and tender by now. This is easy to do with 2 forks pulling opposite directions.
- Now add cilantro, corn, beans, chili powder, salt, cumin and garlic and stir until combined.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes more until corn and beans are heated through.
- Serve with the toppings or garnishes of your choice including a crumble of tortillas and enjoy!
Anything that looks and tastes this amazing AND gets on the table in just 30 minutes is a winner at my house- and in my life for that matter!
Make sure to share this recipe with your friends.
What is your favorite soup? Leave a comment; I love to read them!