Hey there! It’s Katie from The Casual Craftlete blog. I hope you enjoyed my grapefruit and rosemary mocktail last month. Today I am sharing another wonderful recipe. These Made From Scratch Gooey Brownies are out of this world amazing! Plus they are easy to make.
These brownies are nice and crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside. My trick for a gooey brownie is adding chocolate chips to the batter. The milk chocolate chips melt ever so slightly giving the brownies their amazing gooey factor, plus a richness of flavor. If you have never made brownies from scratch before, you are missing out. They just taste so much better than a box mix and they are ridiculously easy to make.
Have I sold you yet on these brownies? Well, to add another depth of flavor I use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. I just prefer the taste of coconut oil. It’s also a bit healthier for you. These made from scratch gooey brownies are a combination of dry and wet ingredients. You whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and use a stand or hand mixer to combine the wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients by hand and stir until well combined. Then, you fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the brownie batter into a 8 x 8 baking dish and bake at 325 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Then, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. I prefer to under bake my brownies just a bit, but you can bake them longer. I just like them extra gooey and who wants a dry brownie anyway?!
These made from scratch gooey brownies can be made in less than 1 hour. That includes prep and bake time.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melting and at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil spray), then line the dish with nonstick parchment paper, leaving overhang on the sides. Lightly spray the paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, beat together oil, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add a 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time to the wet ingredients until completely combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Transfer to a wire rack to cool complete before cutting into squares.
- NOTE: If you are using a metal baking dish, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Hope you enjoy my made from scratch gooey brownies recipe!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: