It was great to come home and use my own kitchen, my own pots and pans and just in general – to be home. As soon as I stepped in the door yesterday, there was that feeling. You know, the feeling when you take a deep breath and say that there is no place like home. SO I was inspired to make my Chicken with white beans and wilted spinach for supper tonight!
The day after vacation is the worst. Don’t you think? I was lost in the laundry room almost all day. As we missed snow, our first snow this season, the boys were pretty excited when they saw some snow still on the ground, so we took them to sledding and of course they were building a snowman too:-)While cleaning, doing laundry, sledding, snowman building – I only had time to whip up a 15 minute quick-lunch.
An easy and really yummy one.
If you are following along for a while, you probably have noticed that we eat lots of chicken. The boys and I love fish, but hubby not so much and we rarely eat pork and beef.
This Chicken with beans and wilted spinach is one of my favorite 15 minute meals. Very tasty, healthy and also very quick.
I like to purchase chicken on big plates and freeze them in smaller portions. I normally freeze 2 chicken breast halves/ bag and it works great for our family of 4.
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 can white beans (great northern beans)
- 3 cloves garlic-crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt ,pepper
- chicken seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Season chicken and cook chicken on both sides for 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.Set chicken aside and cover.
- While chicken is cooking, add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and add crushed garlic. When garlic is golden brown, add 2 cups baby spinach. Wilt spinach in 2-3 minutes.
- Add a can of white beans, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minuted.
- Serve chicken with the white bean and wilted spinach mix. Enjoy!
So easy and delicious chicken meal for lunch or dinner. I served it with brown rice.
Pin it for later to remember
Check out my other wonderful