Have you ever wondered HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BREAD from scratch? Well, look no further my friends! I have the answer and the recipe for you!
I posted an image this weekend of my freshly baked whole wheat bread on social media and you all loved it, in fact – some of you asked for the recipe. I listened, and I have it for you!
I am a huge bread lover. I grew up in Hungary and bread was huge there. I remember when my grandpa went to get fresh bread from the corner store each and every morning for breakfast. The bread was soft in the inside and crunchy on the outside!Oh, those days…sigh!
My love for bread never stopped. I eat bread with everything. I don’t overexaggerate. Luckily, I have good genetics, and I don’t have to watch how much bread I eat:-) I have been making my bread for a long time. Sometimes I stop making it for whatever reason ( I guess when I choose to be lazy) but then I realize that my bread is so much better than the bread I buy at the grocery store, so I start making it again:-). The one I make at home from scratch is fantastic! This year I am switching my all purpose flour to WHOLE WHEAT flour for all my baking needs as it has much more fiber and considerably healthier.You are more than welcome to substitute the whole wheat with all purpose flour.
How to make the best bread from scratch? In my opinion, the key for a great, soft bread is to let the dough rise TWICE.Yup! After I make the dough, I let it sit and rise for 30-40 minutes, then I work the dough again, and I let it rise again for another 30 minutes. That’s key you all! Be patient and wait that extra 30 minutes. Trust me, it will worth your wait!
- 2 cups ( luke warm water)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 pckg yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pour lukewarm water into a bowl and add one package yeast.
- Set aside and let it stand for 5 minutes, until the yeast gets creamy.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix into the water/yeast mix stirring continuously.
- If you need to add more flour, add more slowly until you can form a dough.
- Cover and let it stand for 30-45 minutes. YO will see the dough will nicely rise in that time.
- After 35-40 minutes work the dough in a bowl again and then let it stand for another 30 minutes.
- PREHEAT OVEN FOR 375 degrees
- Place the dough on parchment paper, brush the top with oil and cut three lines on the top.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Who does not love a fresh, right out of the oven warm bread? I can eat it just with butter but it is also lovely with some flavourful dipping oil! So tell me, are you a bread maker at home or not? I encourage you to try this recipe!
Leave me a comment if you try this fabulous recipe!
I have just a few more bread recipes on the blog.( I told you I LOOOOVE bread)
Check them out!
Thanks for stopping by today!