I have an easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe for you today.
Well, well. Since we have a Stay-Home order, I have not been out, nor have I ordered any food. I purchased a few gift cards that we will use once this crazy “new normal” is over, but I cook every day of the week.
Since last January, so almost for 1.5 years, my husband and I switched to a vegetarian diet. What can I say?
We have been loving it! Like absolutely LOVING IT! I tell everyone that we have never eaten this colorful or creative. My kiddos still eat meat a couple of times a week, but that’s it.
Keeping up with a tasty variety of food during this time of our lives is challenging. Especially keeping that in mind that I cook every single meal.:-) Oh, and let me give credit to my hubby here. He does not cook, but he washes dishes! After every single meal! We are an excellent team, haha!
We love soups, pasta, and easy meals. And now that I discovered the BEST HOMEMADE ARTISAN BREAD RECIPE, which I make at least twice a week, I think it’s safe to say that I try hard to feed the fam delicious food.
That’s a lot of bread (4 loaves in 7 days!), but we just can’t resist that’s how awesome that recipe is!
So back to today’s Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup…
This soup is a long time favorite in our family. My older son does not like broccoli, so he is the only one who skipped this fantastic soup at today’s lunch, but my little fella, my hubby and I are just love this soup. It’s flavourful, easy to make, creamy, and done in less than 30 minutes. Wow! That ‘sounds good, right?
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs flour
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup cream or half and half
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add carrots, salt and pepper and sauté for about 6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, until the flour reaches a blonde color. Add stock and bring to boil.
- Simmer uncovered until broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in cream and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- If you wish, pure the soup in blender.(I usually don’t pure it, we love eating broccoli chunks..)
- Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.
I love a good soup, and this is staying on our favorites list. This amazing Vegetable Lentil Soup also super popular in our house.
What’s your favorite soup?
Thanks for visiting today,