This hearty Lentil Soup is to die for. Full of fiber, vitamins and it tastes absolutely amazing.
So long story short here…
We are experimenting with a vegetarian diet.
We decided to give it a go and try to cut meat out of our diet. We haven’t been eating too much meat anyhow so we thought why not?
We have one week down, and it’s going very well except for my older son who absolutely refuses to cut his chicken intake out of his diet. We will need to revisit that discussion, but for now, I am not fussing much about it. As I said, we are still trying to adopt a vegetarian diet, and it definitely has some planning and adjusting to it.
I will give you guys update on how we are doing, and I most certainly will share my recipe creations here on the blog.
This is actually how this easy Lentil Soup Recipe has been written up. I shared a mini video in my Instagram Stories, and few of my followers asked me to share the recipe of this yummy and healthy soup so here it is!:-)
I hope you will enjoy this fantastic LENTIL SOUP it as much as we did!
LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (white organic onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup kale
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups dried lentils ( for this soup I used a bag of Earthy Choice Lentil Trio)
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp each cumin and thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add potato and carrots.
- Cook for 7 - 10 minutes or until softened and the onion is sweet.
- Add mushroom, spices and bay leaves and stir together.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Increase heat and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Add broccoli and kale.
- Simmer for 5-8 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I made a large ( I mean large!) pot of this Lentil Soup so I can freeze some of it for days when I don’t have a mood or time to cook.:-) Becuase I definitely have those days!
And just to mention, by all means, substitute these vegetables I used for vegetables you like or have handy. I only used these vegetables as they were available in my fridge when I decided to make this soup.
Let me know if you are going to give it a try! We loved it and will for sure make it again, soon!
This lentil soup definitely will fill you and take all the hunger away.
And before you go, check out some of my other fabulous recipes as well (not all vegetarian!).
Thanks for visiting!