Happy almost weekend everyone! Rebecca from Living Better Together here again and I’m so excited to be back here at Place of my Taste with the lovely Aniko! Since I’ve been a contributor I’ve shared cookies and cupcakes and now it’s time for a frozen pie, perfect for these final weeks of summer!
I think most of us love dessert, but in the summertime it’s just a little too hot to bake up a batch of cookies or cupcakes (clearly it doesn’t stop me). So I wanted to make something cold and delicious for a get together with friends. I was inspired by these Pink Lemonade Icebox Pie Squares from Tastes of Lizzy T and loved that she used a canned drink mix for her flavor. Pretty genius, right! I instantly thought of using Strawberry Daiquiri mix and so the Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Pie was born.
- 9 Graham Crackers
- 4 tbsp (1/2 stick) Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 12 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri Frozen Concentrate
- Whipped Cream:
- ½ cup Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp White Rum
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Add graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until fine and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in sugar and make a crater in the middle of the crumbs.
- Melt butter and pour into crater, use your hands or a spoon to mix the utter and crumbs together until evenly combined.
- Pour crumbs into 10 tart or pie pan or 9 x 9 in square pan and evenly press crust into the bottom of the pan.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, transfer to a small bowl.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy and fold in sweetened condensed milk, strawberry daiquiri concentrate and whipped heavy cream.
- Pour over the top of the crust and freeze for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, whip whipping cream, sugar and rum until stiff peaks form and pipe onto pie.
- Place a strawberry slice on each dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
The delicious strawberry daiquiri filling sits atop a sweet graham cracker crust and is finished off with a fresh rum whipped cream and sliced strawberries! I made my pie in a tart pan because the bottom lifts up and it makes it so much easier to cut and gives a beautiful presentation. The cream cheese adds a bit of a richness which only amplifies the sweet strawberry flavor. There’s really not a lot of rum in it, but if you’re concerned about it and want to make sure your kids can eat it, just leave it out! This dessert is so easy to make and the best part is you can make it days ahead of time because it’s frozen! Make it for your next get together and everyone will be thanking you!
You might also like these
OR THIS AMAZING
Thank you for visiting today!