Summer Veggie Spaghetti?
Yes, Friends! I still celebrate summer. I just hate to see it is coming to an end. We had the best days ever on this past weekend. Camping, nature, beach, cooking over the fire, fun, lots of laughter and surprisingly not many spiders.:-) So when we came back from our wonderful camping trip my refrigerator was empty. While I stood in line in a grocery store, this fantastic looking dish caught my eye on a magazine cover. Or maybe I should say it looked something like this:-)I did not have time to read the recipe as the line was moving . On the way home I could not think of anything else but this gorgeous bowl of spaghetti. Luckily I had veggies in my bags and in my refrigerator and of course some whole wheat spaghetti in my pantry. This is really all you need to get this healthy veggie dish together and maybe 20 minutes of your time.
I used green beans, fresh corn, broccoli, tomatoes and carrots.
One of my favorite summer veggies is corn. Oh, how I love the sweet and crunchy corn on a cob.
- 2 ear of corn
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lb (whole grain)spaghetti
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt, pepper to taste
- Cook (whole grain)spaghetti in water according to package direction.
- Cook corn, green beans and broccoli in water for about 5 minutes or until tender.(salt and pepper to taste)
- In another pan heat olive oil and saute onions, garlic, carrots for about 5 minutes then add tomatoes and saute for another 2-3 minutes.Use salt and pepper per your taste.
- Cut the corn off the cob then mix pasta and all cooked veggies together. Squeeze 1 juice of lime and add 2 tbsp of olive oil to pasta and veggie mix and stir together.
- Serve immediately.
I hate to see summer go away as I love all these healthy veggies. My boys only eat broccoli, corn and carrots (no green beans) but for some reason they don’t like the veggies mixed with pasta. I had to serve the pasta and the veggies for them separate. Oh well:-)
Hope you will give this easy dish a try.
If you like summer fruits, you may want to try this healthy dessert after your bowl of spaghetti.
STRAWBERRY – CANTALOUPE SLUSHIES
Or another great and quick recipe:
Before you leave, make sure to enter our fantastic GIVEAWAY!
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!