THE BEST CHICKEN BROCCOLI
Did you know that Chicken Broccoli can be done in 15 minutes?
One of the most popular Chinese take outs is chicken broccoli. I get this yummy dish often when we stop for a quick lunch with the hub. But I also make it often at home as it’s so easy to make and it’s super yummy. Even the kiddos eat it. My little one is a huge broccoli fan, the older one is not so much. At least, I get one kid who loves veggies 🙂 This weekend was an easy being around the house kind of weekend. Normally we find ourselves running errands but some weekend, like this past weekend was quite. I finished a great DIY project ( woohoo ) while the kids were running around in front of the house. So anyways, it was the perfect weekend. And this yummy Chicken Broccoli was put on the table for lunch on Saturday.
The key to a great chicken broccoli is not to overcook the broccoli. I love it when the broccoli is still crunchy and fresh and not overcooked. If you love it crunchy, too be sure to only steam your broccoli for 5-6 minutes, the most.
- 2 halves chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 big bunch of broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Mix chicken and cornstarch in a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook it until golden brown. Add chicken and cook it for 5-8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, steam broccoli with a little bit of water. Only steam for about 5 minutes, while the chicken is cooking.
- Add sauces, cornstarch and water over chicken, then add broccoli and cook it together for 3 minutes. Serve it with brown rice.
Don’t you love a great 15 minutes dish? I bet you will keep making this yummy Chinese dish once you give it a try! Using these portions makes enough for a meal for 4 of us. I love to make it and serve it fresh.
Check out my other favorite quick Asian recipe!
Have a fabulous week!
Oh and If you have not snagged a copy of my eBook yet, be sure to check out my friend, Amy’s awesome blog over at Delineate your dwelling. I am giving away a copy of the MASTER PACKAGE, so be sure to head on and enter for your chance to win!