DATES, GRAPES AND CREAM CHEESE BALLS SNACK
This amazing Dates, grapes and cream cheese balls snack is simply fabulous you all!!
I made this appetizer/snack for the first time two years ago for our Christmas party, and it was the stand alone favorite of all the food we had on the table. And let me tell you, our table was packed with delicious food. I knew these were going to be great, but I was surprised by how much everybody loved it.
Since that Christmas party, this is my to go snack if we are going to any parties and these delicious little balls never disappoint. I thought it was time to share this very simple but satisfying recipe with you all. A few weeks ago we were invited to a game night, and I made it again ( plus I shared snippets while I was making these balls on my Instagram stories), and some of you asked for the recipe, and finally I get to share it today.
These balls are super easy to make, and they are perfect party pleasers. The original recipe that I found in one of my cookbooks called for goat cheese but I substituted it with regular Philadelphia cream cheese, and it was just delish! I love goat cheese, but I know that is one thing that a lot of people don’t like because of bitter taste. So if you are a goat cheese lover, try making it these balls with goat cheese instead of cream cheese.
- 8 medium size red seedless grapes ( washed)
- 8 medium size pitted dates
- 1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 small bag of pistachios
- Slice dates and flatten between your hands; set aside.
- Cut Cream cheese into 1-inch slices.
- To assemble the balls, place grapes onto flattened dates and place the dates in the center of the flattened cream cheese. Form a ball and roll in chopped pistachios.
- Makes 8 balls.
These cute little balls are now everyone’s favorite. I hope you will give it a try!
Here are some other favorites: