Today I will show you how easy it is to make a DIY Concrete Vase.
Guys! I jumped on a concrete wagon! I just had to jump on that bandwagon as I was OBSESSED with the concrete look. I wanted to concrete table for my DIY MOODY DINING ROOM ( go see that dining room if you haven’t already!), but I never ended up getting one. So I thought maybe I could make a vase or planter ( I ended up making both!) and today I will show you in this blog post how you can make some pretty cool concrete vases or planters to display at home.
I am joining a bunch of amazingly talented friends for a Summer DIY blog hop – hosted by The Happy Housie. I thought this easy but fun DIY would be fun to share now that the weather is beautiful and we all can work on projects outside due to the warm weather arrival.
Let’s see what you need to get started with this cool DIY Concrete Vase:
- An empty round can or paper box ( I used a large enough oatmeal can/paper box)
- an empty water bottle ( cut the top off- this bottle has to be smaller that will fit in the larger size plastic or paper box with leaving some space between!)
- a bag of fast-setting concrete mix
- a tool to spoon the concrete mixture into the box
The steps are very straightforward, I think:
- In a bowl or plastic bin, mix the fast setting concrete mix with water. Mix it until you get a thick oatmeal consistency.
- Add some of the mixtures into the bottom of the large box
- Place the small plastic cup in the middle of the larger box and add the mixture around the plastic bottle carefully.
- Add enough to cover up to the top
- Let it set for 40 minutes
- Cut and rip off the paper box and the plastic bottle and you will see your beautiful smooth concrete creation!
- Sand the top off it got rough edges ( like mine did!).
Easy-peasy! So simple and if you use the fast-setting mix – your project can be done in an hour.:-)
I also had to try for a Concrete Planter…Here is a quick video (sorry for the quality of it!).
Will you jump on the concrete bandwagon?
Today I’m joined by a fabulous group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Summer DIY Ideas as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Summer Series… Check out these awesome DIYs and create something fun for YOU this summer!
Just click on the links below the images to be taken to their posts and see what they’re sharing today. I’m blown away by all the awesome summer DIY ideas!
5 Minute Dollar Store DIY Hit Wall at The Happy Housie
Anthro Octopus Knockoff at Craftberry Bush
Summer Activities Tree at The Handmade Home
Easy Ways to Bring Colour Into Your Home for Summer at Tatertots and Jello
Rustic Birdhouse Garden DIY Decor from the Dollar Store at The DIY Mommy
DIY Shell Planter Tutorial at Zevy Joy
Painted Wood Jewelry Dish at Paint Me Pink
DIY Beach Art on a Canvas at Shabbyfufu
DIY Concrete Vase at Place of My Taste
How to Dress Up Your Walls For Summer at My Sweet Savannah
DIY Pottery Barn Inspired Liberty Burlap Party Banner at She Gave it A Go
Campfire S’Mores Gift Basket Idea at Modern Glam
How to Paint a Concrete Patio at The Turquoise Home
DIY Hanging Garden Trellis at A Pretty Life
DIY Coastal Window Box at Finding Silver Pennies
DIY Rainbow Book Art at Life is a Party
DIY Tabletop Marshmallow Roaster at Sincerely, Marie Designs
How to Make a Sign the Easy Way at Confessions of a Serial DIYer
DIY Bird House at Seeking Lavender Lane
Simple Botanical Watercolour at Lemon Thistle
DIY S’mores Bar at Clean & Scentsible