Today’s recipe is one of my favorite scone recipes. I make the same recipe with different fruits ALL the time. This time I chose to make a delicious peach scone.
One of my favorite summer fruits are peaches. I know that summer is pretty much over but you can still find super ripe peaches around for a pretty nice price /lb.
I like the peaches when they are ripe and juicy.
It only takes maybe 10 minutes to put together this easy scone. I like to roll out the dough and cut triangle shapes. ( The dough will be sticky) I embellished the scones with peach slices but you don’t have to, it is optional. The peach chunks that are already in the dough will give a nice peachy flavor to the scone anyways.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ¼ tbs salt
- ¼ cup butter ( melted)
- 1½ cups diced peaches
- ¾ cup half & half cream
- 1 egg
- (sliced peaches to embellish- optional)
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a big bowl.Set aside.
- Mix melted butter with sugar, add half & half and egg in a separate bowl. Stir the tow mixes together and add diced peaches. Work the dough together. If too sticky, add more flour.
- Roll it out and cut triangle shapes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, maybe 20-25 minutes.
Imagine this nice scone with your favorite flavored cup of coffee for your afternoon snack or with a big glass of milk for breakfast.
Give this easy scone recipe a try. I am sure you will love it. Back to school is here and this delicious scone will make a nice snack to pack for the kiddos too.
Here are some other delicious summer fruit creations:
If you missed my very first fall post last week, make sure to check it out before you leave:
Thanks for stopping by today!