It’s the perfect day for this amazing PEPPERMINT SNOW DREAM ICE CREAM!!
It’s the second week back to school from Christmas break and -guess what?! It’s a snow day! Yes, we get out of school for about 2 inches of snow here in Virginia. The kids are thrilled though, and we have a plan…
We decided to make our Snow Dream Ice Cream- or as my kids call it “the Brain Freeze”- and want to share this tradition with you and your family. It’s a simple recipe that starts with your very own fresh snow. If you know it will be snowing; you can leave a bowl out overnight. Otherwise just grab the purest, cleanest layer on top. Make sure you leave it outside until you are ready to mix it all.
It’s super easy and a little messy. Here goes!
- 8 semi-packed c. fresh SNOW
- ¼ c. sugar (light brown sugar)
- ⅛ c. crushed candy canes (1/8 c. extra for garnish)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- Add sugar and candy canes to snow and stir a few times.
- Add condensed milk and peppermint extract and stir until you reach a well-combined ice cream consistency.
- Serve, garnish and watch them grin!
So there is my snow treat for you.
You can make it your own by switching out the candy canes and peppermint extract.
Here are some other ideas:
- Vanilla extract/ Vanilla bean (from the pod)
- Lemon Extract/ Lemon zest
- 1/4 c. well drained pineapple tidbits
For a perfect accompaniment that fully encompasses the hot and cold- make my favorite Peppermint Hot Chocolate! Chill out and warm up! Haha.
Hope you enjoyed this video. Make sure to share it with your friends and pin it for later!
Cheers to a fun snow day!