How was everyone’s weekend?
Mine was just wonderful. If you are following me on Insta, you know what I am talking about. Yeah, we took a little mini vacation to the beach in NC. It was absolutely relaxing, especially being without internet:-) I also hardly had 4G on my phone. Anyhow, I hope you all also had some time to relax and save some energy for the new week. Today I am sharing a fantastic Whole Wheat Blackberry Waffles recipe. I have been using this recipe for the longest time. Actually the base recipe calls for regular flour and it is without blackberries. I changed the all – purpose flour to whole wheat flour and added fresh blackberries to take this recipe to the next level.
And you will eat lots of it:-)
Blackberries are almost in season here in VA. Just a few more weeks and we can visit our local farm to pick some FRESH BLACKBERRIES with the boys. We usually pick a LOT and freeze them for later.
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup blackberries
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Wisk eggs, milk and melted butter together, then mix in dry ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Mix blackberries into batter.
- Spoon batter into preheated waffle maker and cook until golden brown.
- Serve waffles with maple syrup and fresh blackberries.
*You will need a waffle maker machine to make the waffles*
I can not imagine a more pleasing breakfast on a Sunday morning than these amazing waffles.
What is your favorite topping for waffles?
Pin it for later and let me know how you like it!!
You might also like these breakfast recipes as well:
Thanks for the visit! Have a wonderful day!