This easy Veggie Quinoa Bowl is my favorite quick lunch these days! I started to exercise.
Wow! I can’t even believe that I say that! It’s a huge step for me lol. I used to work out regularly, and then I had a surgery almost 4 years ago ( You can read about it here), and then I stopped. after surgery, I never really went back on schedule. I know that nothing is more important than my health so I decided that I need to take time out of my day to work out. No excuses! I drag my sweet friend with me twice a week and it works really well for both of us now. We shall see how long I can stick with it lol! But anyways. Exercise also means better, healthier food for me. Not that we eat junk food, fried food or anything like that but quinoa is not necessary in my diet every week. It might just be from now on! You should have heard my husband moaning with satisfaction as he ate this bountiful Easy Veggie Quinoa Bowl! It was hilarious!
When I think of a hearty lunch or dinner I think “I need meat!” but it’s really not always the case. This meal is so flavorful it leaves all my tiny taste buds quenched. Plus, as an added bonus- it’s packed with lots of protein and nutrients that make me feel energized and motivated.
Now, get your quinoa cooking and get a saute pan ready for this delectable vegetable dish!
- 4 c. cooked quinoa
- 8 oz. butternut squash noodles (raw noodle shaped butternut squash)
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into medium thin circles
- 1 c. sliced or coined carrots
- ½ c. finely sliced red onion
- 1 c. multi colored cherry sized tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 Avocado
- Make sure you've pre-cooked your quinoa for this recipe and have 4 c. ready.
- Add Olive Oil and butter to saute pan on med-high
- Combine butternut squash, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, onions and garlic, salt and pepper in the saute pan
- Cook for 7 minutes over med-high stirring frequently
- Serve 1 c. quinoa per bowl, ¼ of veggie saute and top with ¼ sliced avocado.
- Voila! Dive in!
Anyone can toss together this simple recipe in less than 20 minutes- but when you serve it your guests (or family) they are sure to think you have serious skills in the kitchen!
Check out my other favorite salads as well. They are all so good and healthy!
If you want to make this an even richer occasion – my Creamy Tomato Soup would pair really nicely!