Strawberry Crumble Muffins? Yes! For breakfast, for a snack— you name it! So so good!
We love to pick fresh strawberries each year. We just took a trip out to our favorite berry farm last week and picked two large boxes of fresh, delicious strawberries. Picking fresh strawberries is a fun family day and the taste of real, ripe organic strawberries is Ah-mazing! We went out to picnicking and took these muffins with us. It was a big hit.
How to make strawberry crumble muffins
Start with mixing flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Once you mixed these dry ingredients, set aside.
Then whisk melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs in a separate bowl.
Then mix together dry and wet ingredients in 2-3 folds. Add milk in between folds. Add chopped strawberries slowly then spoon batter into a prepared muffin tin. ( I either oil the muffin tin lightly or use muffin paper). Sprinkle crumble on top and bake muffins for 15-18 minutes on 375 degrees.
STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE MUFFINS RECIPE
Strawberry Crumble Muffins
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (chopped to little pieces)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted 1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit.Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Mix the butter, 3/4 cup sugar. Add the eggs and add vanilla extract. Fold the flour in 3 parts into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk in 2 parts, until just combined. Fold in the strawberries. Do not over mix. Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin (oil the muffin tin lightly or use muffin paper).
- Add melted butter in a small bowl and combine with white and brown sugar then add cinnamon and flour. Using a fork combine all these ingredients until you have a nice crumb.
- Sprinkle the crumb over the muffin batter. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
The crumble makes this muffin so good, so be sure to add that little extra on the top. I hope you will enjoy this easy and great muffin recipe. Here is one of my other favorite muffin recipe for you: CHERRY MUFFINS.
Are you going to pencil this recipe onto your favorites list? I SURE HOPE SO!
Happy baking, friends!!