Here we go again!
I honestly wasn’t planning on participating in the ORC this season. I didn’t even realize that it was starting this week until I began seeing featured designers posting their announcements. That’s when I decided to come up with a quick plan ( :-)) to makeover my dining room. 🙂 That’s just how I roll, my friends. If you are unfamiliar with the ONE ROOM CHALLENGE, you can see more on it on HERE.
I have participated in many ORC challenges before, and I love the motivation and excitement that this 6 weeks of work entails.
See my previous makeovers below:
(PHEW! I must love ORC challenges haha!)
MODERN MOODY DINING ROOM
I have been planning on redoing my dining room for months now but I never got around it, and I know that making the decision to participate in the ORC will help me finish the project in six weeks.
And here we go! The plans for this room.
I am presenting my MODERN MOODY DINING ROOM mood board for you all!
Lovely, isn’t it?
Now! Will my room look just like this once it’s finished? Most likely not! And things may or may not change but at least you can get a feel of what I am going for in this space.
So just a little story on why I am doing this ROOM REFRESH…if you are following my blog for a while you might know my dining room and you might even ask yourself Why does she want to makeover her dining room?
And here is WHY!
There is nothing wrong with this space! Nope!
I need a refresh!!!
Plus this year I decided to make my life easier and less cluttery. I said to myself that I won’t keep things around that I don’t use or don’t need.
- That buffet that I DIY hacked many years ago is awesome but I don’t use it. I feel like it’s just there, taking up unnecessary space. I don’t store much in it and I feel that it needs to go. Bye-bye awesome buffet!!:-)
2. The long dining table is with us for over 10 years and I just would love to see something different in this space. It has some minor wear on the surface but overall it’s still a good table. But you know when you have that urge to get something different.//
3. I have been wanting to change the light fixture for too long so it’s time for that.
4. I would like to paint the ceiling with a fun accent color.
6. And I want to remove the chair rail ( gosh I never liked chair rail!) form the entire space so I can add a large wall mural on the wall. Like the one Jenna Hue did. I am so in love how she framed her wall mural so I am totally stealing her idea.:-)
So these are my so many reasons why! 🙂
I would love to see some modern touches with a bit of moodiness in this space. I might also throw in a dark green curtain panel – we will see!
What do you think, friends?
Oh and I wanted to drop a pic of how this space looked like 6 years ago…
My style definitely evolved in the past years! So will yours, friends! Just give yourselves some time and your style will become the true YOU!!
I can’t wait to start working on this space!:) Stay tuned!